Image Map

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Liebster Award!

How exciting! When I first started blogging, I had no idea the blogging community could be so supportive of each other. I am so glad I met Marie at Once Upon a Classroom, who nominated me for the Liebster Award this week.  I linked up with her for her weekly Tech Tuesday and am excited to continue collaborating with Marie - as she has a whole lotta talent! 

In case you aren't familiar, the Liebster Award is passed from one beginning blogger to another in order to get to know each other better and spread the love. It provides a path to discover new and upcoming blogs as well as make connections with other bloggers! I have found a number of upcoming bloggers I would love to recognize as well! They are listed at the bottom of this post. Happy reading! :o)

1.            Why and how long ago did you start blogging?
 I started blogging 3 years ago as a way to visually appeal to my student's parents and create a classroom website essentially. However, I have since transitioned to a district that has fully integrated technology and now my focus is on providing a lens into our classroom, the ways we integrate tech, and the various other hilarious things that happen in K. 

2.         What one word sums up the heart of your blog and why?
Dynamic. I reflective to a flaw. This blog, my purpose on it, what my goal for it has changed and probably will change in the future. I am constantly looking to improve, make adjustments, and make the most meaningful experience for myself and my students. 

3.         Is there something you learned late in your blogging journey you wished you knew before?
How to make purposeful connections with other bloggers. I am still definitely learning this. You see a lot of bloggers with a TON of followers, great link ups, and who are part of meet-ups - I would love to get there! I feel like the blogging world is SO huge and I am definitely working on finding my niche and bloggers who I could work with collaboratively on a continuous basis. So, if you have any tips let me know... or if you just want to be my blogging friend ...you know that's cool too ;o) 

4.         What is your favorite pastime other than blogging?
Right now, being outside. I LOVE the outdoors and in Chicago, you only get a few great months, so bring it on! But, I have horrible allergies which is like a sick joke right now.

5.         How many hours a week do you dedicate to your blog/TPT?
Marie's response to this question was incredibly accurate. It is really hard to find the time during the year because my first passion is my students. And I can NEVER sell them short. All my TPT things are present in my own classroom, so I would say the majority of my effort goes there because those are products that are actually benefiting my students. I usually blog whenever I get a chance - stopping and going until a post is through. And I always make it about what is relevant to our class right now so its super organic. Or so I hope. 

6.         What category of blog posts do you enjoy most?
I love new stuff on technology - specifically iPads because that is what I am putting a lot of effort into in my room. Making it meaningful for me and other teachers who are exploring tech in primary.

7.          Where does your blog inspiration come from?
My 20 lovely faces that drive me both up and wall and make my day. My inspiration comes from their needs and my ever changing desire to be the best teacher I can for them. A lot of this is my professional journey, what I have learned, where I am going...trying to humbly learn from the littlest, most brilliant 20 minds each year.

8.         Which post that you’ve written are you most proud of?
I think my latest post on the purpose of technology in K/the reason I do what I am doing. It provoked more ideas I have and made me reflect on what I am really doing for each and every of my students, and what I can improve upon. 

9.         Is there a post you have been planning to do but have been postponing it for a while now?
Not really because honestly my mind goes a million thoughts a minute so I pretty much just go with what's the current need and my reflections after the school day. So all those really great fantastic ideas I had in the shower this a.m. are gone, gone, goneeee. Ha!

10.     What is your favorite aspect of blogging?
Hearing feedback that what I type has made sense or has helped spark an idea of someone else's. I love collaborating - there are so many fantastically creative people out there! Like I said above...who wants to be friends?! :o) 

11.         Which idea from a blog would you like to try yourself?
I would LOVE to implement more of the ideas from Technology ErintegrationShe has a great blog about teaching with technology, tools for personal technology development and more. When I need a little reassurance I go to her!

So, blogging has definitely been a joy, and I cannot wait to see the developments I have over the next year. It will be fun to look back on the post and compare my journey at that time. 

I would love to nominate the following teacher-bloggers:

1. Ms. Spethmann @ Lacquer Teach Repeat
2. Andrea @ Always Kindergarten
3. Chrissie @ The Undercover Classroom
4. Erin @ Very Perry Classroom
5. Kellee @ Stomping Through First
6. Jessica @ For the Love of Fifth
7. Beth @ Morrow in the Middle
8. Peggy @ Primary Flourish
9. Nicole @ Why Pencils Have Erasers (LOVE the name!)
10. Amber @ The Pirate Queen Teacher

The Rules to Receiving this Award are:
-Link back to the blog that nominated you
-Answer the 11 questions posted by the nominator
-Nominate 5-11 people (blogs with followers less than 200 followers) and link to them in your post
-Contact the nominees and let them know they have been nominated

Thanks for stoppin' by!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kirstin! Thanks for your sweet words! I enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you more. I do find your posts to be organic, and I can relate so much to what you write. I am also a big believer in the power of iPads with our littlest of learners, so I love how you communicate that message. Erin at Technology Erintegration is fabulous. Oh and I definitely consider you one of my bloggy friends! :)
    Marie
    Once Upon a Classroom: A Teacher's Tales

    ReplyDelete

Leave some love <3