Image Map

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Our 100th Day!

The highly anticipated 100th day of school has come and gone for us, but we had oh so much fun celebrating...as 100 yr olds!!


 Don't worry...that's only 1/2 my class.... I do have more students.

Anyways, to celebrate the 100th day & being able to (mostly) count to 100, we decided to dress up as 100 year olds and write about it! And BOY, did they get creative this year! See that little girl with the walker? Her dad made it our of PVC pipe and spray painted it pink, just for our celebration! She and her cousin also had cotton balls glued to the inside of scarves for fake white hair - adorable!


I don't know what it is, but seeing them dressed up as 100 yr olds just had me and my co-teacher just cracking up all day long!! 

We did have to get serious (kind of) for a minute to write about what we will look like when we are 100 years old. Thank goodness we had the Aging Booth app to help with that!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/agingbooth/id357467791?mt=8

I just downloaded the app to my phone and took a picture of each one of the kiddos. You can also use pictures that you already have. 


How cute are they?! After I take each child's picture on the app I drag and drop it into my writing prompt. Voila  - all set! All we needed to do then is brainstorm what 100 year olds do and then we could get to writing!

This one is my fav!! "I am going to knit in my rocking chair with my knitting and my blanket"

 Love ya girl! "I will teach kids."

 My little athlete here has some lofty goals for 100. But the "I will like to have naps, " is right on point! 

And last, "When I am 100 years old, I am in college." Never stop learning kid, never! :o)


You can grab this 100th day writing and more 100th day activities here!
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/100th-Day-Writing-Pack-11-options-EDITABLE-1707060

In other news we made some pretty sweet 100th day hats that made the organizational freak in me go bananas...but the kids had fun...so it was worth it right! ;o)


How was your 100th day? What did you do that fun and memorable!?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3