Image Map

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Five for Friday 10/9 - I have no pictures!

Does anyone else have this problem? I get to the end of the week and realize I have like two pictures from the entire week and they are selfies with a kid who needed a break. 

Pshh.

It's hard! I am not a picture person, I just don't have the time. BUT I am trying!


 First up, let's address this. We have been studying fairy tales and started reading some fractured fairy tales this week. Ninja Red Riding Hood was our first crack at it and my kids were enamored with the story, rhymes, and ninjas they got to make after reading.  So we tweeted the author to ask if she had other books AND SHE TWEETED BACK! So cool! 




 Next, lets address password cards. Our kiddos have a number of apps which require passwords. Last year I did not put anyones face on their card - which was a MAJOR mistake. Especially at the beginning.  Now I have my kiddos faces, names, pictures of the apps, and the passwords.  One set for folders, the other sets for the classroom. They work pretty well and keep us organized!


 We had our first Google Hangout date with our pen pals from California! Super excited! Mrs. Battaglia's class is a first grade class whom we are so excited to learn with and about! Our next date is next Thursday but I haven't told the kiddos yet - oops! Can't wait!



 Aww, this is a sweet one. One of my grandma's from last year saw our class at the book fair and bought a little eraser for each of the kids on our class. She was so thoightful. Then she took some time and kind words with one of my little behavior friends. It was definitely the light that I needed in the day! 


 Last is really a re-cap from last weekend when my sisters in law and husband did the Ditka Dash in Chicago! It was a fun and chilly little 5K on the lake front.  I am always amazed at the beauty of our city! 


How was your week? And more importantly how do you find the time to take pictures mid week!?

6 comments:

  1. I love the password cards!

    http://teachbyfaith.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the google hangout chat! Very cool! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm awful with pictures, too! I'm also not a picture person, so it's never my first instinct to whip out the camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I always remember after the fact. It's a goal this year to get better!

      Delete

Leave some love <3