Image Map

Friday, September 18, 2015

Back at it! Five for Friday September 18, 2015

Whoo! Alright we got this. It's been two full weeks....three? I don't even know, but I finally have the energy and enough pictures to do a Five for Friday! 



A Kindergarten MYSTERY!


We became detectives on Monday to figure out what happened in Mrs. W's room as our introduction to our fairy tale unit! There was some very hilarious comments as to what was going on. 


- "I see a tortilla plate!"

-"Hey! You can't use party streamers to block off a crime scene!"

-"No blankets on the floor!"

-"THE LEPRECHAUN!"

Darn kid, thats supposed to be a surprise in MARCH!! Oh, what I would give to be a K teacher in March right now...


 

After we introduced Goldilocks on Monday, we read Three Little Pigs on Wednesday and Thursday. We read to versions and then worked on some little puppet friends so we could retell the story! I am so proud of my lil ones for working so hard on the 3 ways to read a book - they knew exactly why we were retelling the story!

Everyone worked in a group of 4 taking turns retelling the story. I don't know who loved it more, me or them. So, SO fun!

We also did Goldilocks write the room centers! And my friends rocked it!




Alright, my centers have been a mess. I have to admit I was being a bit of a Debbie Downer this week because things just weren't working. My sweet friend Kara suggested I try centers in partners rather than fours. I have been putting this off because my room is so small, I was worried I wouldn't have enough space. 


I tried it anyway and ohemgee it saved my week. 


Look at that! What a sweetie, so smart! She was working in treasure chests - a center with kinetic sand and hidden letters. I am trying to do more sensory centers this year, and this one is a hit! I am thinking of always having it out, just changing the learning target. 


Day three in school EVER for this little guy and he's got it goin' on! Anyone else use these pattern books? The kids don't need much explanation on them and they cover lots of pattering, sorting, and counting!

So... I am lovin' my focus wall! I really paired down my calendar and have everything we need for the day posted. The kids are now coming in looking at what we are learning each day - own it kids, own it! The letter and number anchor charts are from Lavina Pop  and are absolutely PERFECT! They have great visuals and come in color and black and white. We use the blackline copies for center work and staple each sequence of letters we learn together so the kiddos can take their own books home to practice. Anyone else in love with their focus wall? Suggestions for additions?


My husband and I started off our week in St. Louis last weekly for the lovely wedding our our friends Zach and Kayla. Such fun to relax and catch up with our college friends that are spread all across the country. We only have one more wedding this season out of five! 

That about wraps up my week, how was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave some love <3